Baked catfish fillets are an easy and fast dish, this is one of the richest catfish dishes, this is catfish fillet with spices, lemon, butter. This is the perfect dinner and a dish the whole family will love and it’s also easy to prepare, in just 30 minutes you can have it ready.
Catfish is a fresh water fish that tastes delicious especially when fried, but you can also grill it.
I just want to say that the fried fish is very delicious, especially the fatty fish like catfish. Apart from catfish, my favorite fried food is fried chicken which is fried in such a way with special spices. Besides chicken, you can try grilled catfish fillet with herbs.
Baked Catfish with Herbs
Granted, frying fish isn’t the healthiest way to prepare a dish, but I love the aroma and the delicacy, it’s really good.
My love for fried chicken, grilled catfish, fried catfish is because I have been used to these foods since childhood. So every time there is fried catfish it’s always like being struck by lightning wanting to try it. this time we will see an extraordinary recipe for baked catfish fillets.
Fried fish, especially fried big fish, is very tempting, crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside. An irreplaceable delicacy that has made me fall in love with fried fish and fried chicken.
Less Frying, More Baking and Roasting
Because we also know that the healthiest food is not fried, then we also start trying baked food and roasted meats.
But to be able to continue eating catfish, we then started reducing fried catfish, but still eating catfish by trying baked catfish fillets. well, after getting used to it, it turns out that grilled catfish is also very tasty and certainly healthier as a side dish.
For a long time, frying was the easiest way to prepare fish and meat. Thus, most recipes in the past were fried fish or fried meat.
So, even though we like fried food, but because it’s not healthy, little by little we started trying baked catfish fillets, and we will also share the recipe with all of you here.
In this grilled catfish recipe, we use spices from spices, then grease with butter, lemon juice and bake. What’s impressive about this grilled catfish is the blend of spices that are selected.
So, after we tried the baked catfish fillets recipe and felt that it was no less delicious than frying, we started to enjoy preparing grilled fish in many menus and dishes at home.
We also feel happy to share with you, hopefully you can also try recipes that are healthier than fried fish or fried meat recipes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
In fact, this is not just a recipe for a delicious taste on the tongue, but the use of spices in the marinade can provide health benefits. So there are certain reasons that make you have to love this food.
- Grilled catfish is not only delicious, but also healthy for the body
- Herbal seasoning in grilled catfish provides taste and benefits
- The process of making is easy and fast, 25 minutes you are ready to make it from start to finish.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Interested in trying the recipe for baked catfish fillets, see what ingredients are used.
- Catfish fillets (Either farm-raised or wild caught)
- Butter, Lemon, Salt, and Pepper
- Herbs (Thyme, parsley, oregano, basil, garlic powder and paprika)
Grilling catfish is also fun because it’s practical, you don’t need to dirty a lot of plates, even when grilling you can use aluminum foil to coat your catfish.
You only need two small bowls to mix the spices and butter and one more thing you need is a baking sheet. You certainly have this ingredient in your kitchen, you don’t have to shop to buy a lot of equipment just to make grilled catfish.
How to Make Baked Catfish
– Preheat the oven to 350 F
– Stir and mix all the ingredients such as parsley, paprika, salt, oregano, thyme, pepper, and basil, you can do it in a small bowl.
– Sprinkle the spice and spice mixture on both sides of the catfish fillets. Then place the fillets on the baking sheet, and spray with non-stick cooking spray. I lined the pan with foil to make it easier to clean later.
– Also add melted butter, lemon juice and garlic powder in a small bowl, mix well. sprinkle butter, lemon, garlic, over the fillets. Transfer the skillet with the fillets to the oven.
– Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until catfish flakes.
There are two methods of serving grilled catfish, you can choose the one you like. One of them is a presentation that maintains a low-carb and healthy theme, which is served with grilled asparagus, spring onions, and a side salad for dessert. You can try the watermelon and mint salad, it will taste crunchy, and whet your appetite.
While another option is serving baked catfish fillets using fried zucchini, butter rice, and complete with peach blueberry basil cobbler!
If you want to turn this recipe into cajun grilled catfish, add two teaspoons of cajun seasoning in herbs and spices.
You can also make baked catfish fillets into a catfish nugget recipe. The trick is to cut the catfish fillets into two large (2 or 3-inch) pieces, then layer and bake.
Check out more:
– Can You Freeze Cabbage Soup? Premium Guide to Freeze It
– What does guacamole taste like
Questions About Baked Catfish Fillets
Can I use frozen catfish fillets?
Of course you can, if you use frozen catfish fillets, then first thaw them overnight in the refrigerator, dry them and continue with our recipe.
How do I know when the fish is done?
The way to know catfish is cooked is it peels off easily when you try it with a fork.
Can I cook this catfish in the air fryer?
This seems to work too, but we haven’t tested it using an air fryer. Haven’t tried it yet so I have no comment on temperature or cooking time.
Aren’t you supposed to soak catfish in milk before cooking it?
Actually this is not a special requirement, soaking in the intestines is only meant to get rid of the fishy taste in catfish. But this depends on how fishy the fish is, if it’s not too fishy, you remove it with a squeeze of lemon.
Usually, wild catfish are much more fishy than farmed catfish. So most people now prefer to consume cultivated catfish.
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 24 ounces catfish fillets (4 fillets, approx. 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Mix all ingredients such as salt, parsley, thyme, oregano, basil, pepper, mix in a small bowl
- Sprinkle the herbal seasoning ingredients on both sides of the catfish
- Place the fillets on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick
- Add melted butter, onion powder, lemon juice, in a small bowl, stir and combine.
- Sprinkle the butter, lemon, garlic mixture over the fillets.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until the catfish flakes easily, testing it with a fork.
How to tell if catfish is cooked? The way to recognize that the catfish is cooked is to test it with a fork, if it peels off easily then your catfish is cooked.